On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV-4 (via Nabble)
ml-user+154617-66613...@n2.nabble.comml-user%2b154617-66613788@n2.nabble.com
wrote:

"SO2R-in-a-box" will probably require that the subreceiver
use the 2nd antenna jack on the KAT3 (or a yet to be designed
antenna switch) in order to be compatible with conventional
BPF, antenna switching and amplifier configurations. In that
case it will be limited by the isolation in the KAT3.

The alternative is to use the subreceiver and Aux Ant jack
with AB logic for transmitting. That case will require an
entirely new band decoding/BPF/antenna switching topology -
one that supports TX/RX/RX switching (which happens to be on
of the features of microHAM Station Master Deluxe whenever
it is finally available) and an understanding that the
transmit "radio" will always be in the left ear (e.g. will
move with transmit focus).

JMHO but I believe true SO2R should wait until there's more real estate on a
larger K4 front panel, even if the internal RF issues can be solved in the
K3. The K3 already suffers from ergonomic overload and lack of flexibility
with antenna selection, audio routing, etc. even when just using diversity
in SO1R. True SO2R adds another level of complexity to an already
overloaded interface. Given this, I believe there are higher priorities to
work on with the K3 and save SO2R for a better human interface in the K4.

73, Bill W4ZV

--

Just to way in on this one. I totally agree with Bill. SO2R   should be a
generation away.

Howard..K2HK