Ken,

That is not normal - but you may not be able to discern the peak if you
are using band noise for the alignment.
Check the orientation of D1 and D2, D3 and D4 in the T/R switch.  Check
the soldering for the above components as well as R38.
If you do not find anything revealing, check the resistance between pins
7 and 8 of K1 - it should be close to zero when 40 meters is selected.
Check the soldering of L2, C7 and C8 as well as C6.
If you have the rework eliminators installed, did you plug in the K60XV
unpcb?

73,
Don W3FPR