I believe that 98% of all of us use split to work DX and this always occurs in
the same mode. It seems to me that having a menu item that would allow us to
choose  to have VFO B always be in the same mode as VFO  A would be a helpful
thing. It would eliminate the step of always having to make B equal A with a
double tap. The Other choice for the menu selection would be to have it exactly
as it is now. I dont see any downside to this solution.  If you agree please
let Wayne and company know. The way it is now makes it more trouble to go split
than with any other transceiver.  Van W4GIW