Hi Bruce:

I have been using the same procedure as you on CW with the last bunch of
DXpeditions and I haven't had the exact problem you described. But I have
noticed that sometimes it takes a second for the SUB to come alive. I get a
squeaky sound in the right ear as if the SUB is squeezing out the signals.

73,
Mike K2MK

Bruce Meier
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:24:02 -0700

I have been chasing Midway Isl (K4M) and using my sub-RX to follow the pack.
When K4M was not real loud I would turn the Sub off to get the audio in both
ears then back on.  After doing that several times (perhaps 10 - 15) the
Sub-RX turns on (according to the front panel icon) but there is no audio.
The only way I can get the audio back is to turn the K3 off and on.   Then
it is fine for another 'unknown' number of Sub off/on transitions.

This has occurred with several versions of the u-code.   I am running the
3.44.

Has anyone else experienced this?

73,
Bruce-N1LN