I was trying RTTY for the first time with my K3 in AFSK-A mode today
and ran into a problem.   Every now and then I would lose monitor and
receive audio on all data modes except DATA-A.  That is, I would start
sending (using cocoaModem on my MacBook), the K3's power meter would
indicate output power, but I wouldn't hear any monitor audio from the
external speaker attached to the K3.  I tried changing the data mode
to DATA-A and monitor audio returned.  Switching back to AFSK-A, I now
had no receive audio.  None of the other data modes had any receive
audio except DATA-A.  Cycling power did not correct the problem.
Changing to CW or SSB mode and back to DATA did not correct the
problem.  The only thing that seemed to bring back receive audio was
pressing the A/B button to switch VFOs. (I have the sub RX, but it was
not turned on.)

This happened 4 times.  I tried re-loading the FW (version 3.44), but
it happened again.  Each time it begins with no monitor audio during
transmit, then, after changing to a different data sub mode, no
receive audio.  Pressing A/B is the only thing I've found that will
restore audio to the other data sub modes.  DATA-A mode always works
fine.

Anyone else noticing strange behavior in DATA modes?

73
--
Joe KB8AP