All computer wizards may ignore this post.  It is written for the "computer
challenged," such as my self, who are using *Vista.*

The "K3 Beta Test Firmware Instructions" were a bit confusing to me and not
detailed enough.  This is how I was able to download a beta version.

Item 3 of Instructions:  After right clicking on the .zip file, click on
"save link as."  In the pop up window, ignore the "save as type" (mine says
"all files").  Enter the path to the beta folder you created, e.g., "K3
Beta."

Go to whatever Windows Explorer, e.g., "Computer."  In your "K3 Beta"
folder, you will see a new folder labeled "k3fw3rxx".  Double click on this
folder.

After double clicking, you will see the files and at the top you will see
"Extract all files."  Click on Extract.  The path to these extracted files
is what you enter in your K3 utility.

There may be a more elegant way to do it but this worked for me and hope
this helps any others that are a bit shaky on computer skills -- again, like
me!

73, Lee (K9CM)