Before anyone travelling to the Caribbean "gets prepared" and worries about
showing of all of these documents, keep in mind that no one cares about
someone transporting their own amateur radio through customs. Their concern
is catching stuff that is going to be sold - and they want to collect the
duty on it.

Have your FCC license with you and the owner's manual for the radio - just
in case. It is your personal property, and you will not be leaving it in the
country you are taking it to. It is of no more concern than if you were
bringing a camera with you. All that said, I have been through customs
dozens of times going to Antigua and back through U.S. customs both in
Puerto Rico and in Miami and not once did anyone ask me for any FCC id
numbers or anything like that - either direction.

Act like there's no reason to be concerned (which there really isn't - since
you are not importing the stuff to sell it) and pay one of the porters at
the airport to take all of your bags on one of their carts - including any
radio equipment - right from baggage claim area, through customs, and then
outside the airport. Do not volunteer any information you are not asked for
or mention ham radio equipment unless you are asked about it.

You should not take your radio or amplifier in the original cartons. Get
them inside of normal looking suitcases if at all possible. Look like a
tourist - not a freight transporter.

73,

Bob W5OV / V26O