I have to confirm that.

It would not surprise me if the voltage on the front end of a radio device
went higher than a volt given conditions and antenna, particularly so in
Europe.

One time quite a while ago at W4BVV in northern Virginia, we measured 5
volts RF on an oscilloscope attached to the feedline coming in from a 3
element 40m yagi up 70m pointed at Europe. Was back in the day of megawatt
transmitters into 20 plus dB curtain arrays from Radio Moscow and VOA and
such.

On that band we put a series trap in front of the RX tuned to 7125 to quiet
things 7050 and below. That made a difference even for Collins 75S gear.

I still see very high miscellaneous signal voltage on antennas for other
frequencies at locations well distanced from metropolitan areas.

73, Guy.