The subreceiver is much better shielded than the main.  When I first got
my K3 (#2623) last winter I had loud spurs all over the place in the
main receiver (even after carefully optimizing cable placement) but the
very few that I could hear in the subreceiver were weak.

SIG RMV took care of everything, of course.

73,
Dave   AB7E