<> DIGOUT1 is an open-drain output that can be used to turn on loads by
<> pulling them to ground. The DIGOUT1 line is controlled from the menu
(CONFIG:DIGOUT1).
<> DIGOUT1 is "per-band" (and also "per-antenna" if you have a KAT3 ATU
installed).

Thanks for the idea, Wayne!   I'm starting to get the station ready for CW
SS.  I run two XMIT antennas for SS, a horizontal G5RV and an all-band
vertical, switching frequently between them.  It's always been somewhat of a
nuisance to see which one is selected by looking at the ant 1, ant 2 legend
on the K3.  My K3 is off to the side of the monitor and keyboard and
requires turning my head and refocusing.  The legends are monochromatic and
very small and I'm old and wear reading glasses.  This gets tiresome,
especially at 3 AM.  When I read your post earlier today, it occurred to me
that DIGOUT1 could solve this problem.  Here's what I did:

I built a custom LED display on a small piece of PCB which is mounted
directly under my computer monitor.  I used two green rectangular LEDs and
two red rectangular LEDs.  The green ones are glued end-to-end making a long
slender horizontal bar.  The red ones are also glued-end-to end making a
slender vertical bar.  They are configured in a capital T configuration,
with the green on top.  The green represents the horizontal antenna and the
red the vertical.  A twisted shielded pair cable takes DIGOUT1 and return
from the ACC connector and +12V from the K3 12V out to the PCB.  Two 2N3904s
and 4 resistors on the PCB accomplish the switching logic and LED drive.
Took only a couple of minutes to configure the DIGOUT1 signal to "ON" on
each band when ant 1 is selected.

Have it installed now, and it is a welcome addition!  Not only is the
display now in my field of vision, I have both a color clue and an
orientation clue (horizontal and vertical lines) as to which antenna is
selected.  Bring on the SS ;>)   Thanks again, Wayne, for the idea and
especially for all the flexibility you've built into the K3!

73   Craig  AC0DS