EMD wrote:

> ...on the air soon, so I can frustrate everyone with my poor morse.
> Another learning process.
>
> 73,  Ed  KE7HGA

Don't worry about that. I am as rusty as the Titanic with my code. In all
instances of my cw QSOs, I have had much better/faster ops slow down and
work with me to ensure a solid QSO.

The more you use it the easier it gets and the more fun you have. I also
started using a program called Morse Mania by Black Cat Systems (it's Mac
based software) to get up to speed. I chose the Koch the method. I'm sure
there is some PC equivalent.

My K3 can be set to test TX or 0 watts and I can key w/o actually tx-ing for
practice too, I don't know about your K1.

Pound away!
73 de 4Z5TO