Mike,

Other than the wiring paths for ENC A and ENC B signals through the
connectors and to CB U6 pins 8 and 16,
there is nothing else for these two signals.  However, for the encoder
to be read, the /ENC RD signal must be at a low level and that signal is
generated from FP U3 pin 14.  Look for low going pulses with your
scope.  If they are not present, FP U3 may be at fault.

73,
Don W3FPR