There were a couple of posts about this a few days ago but they didn't seem
to provoke much comment. Yesterday I switched on and tried to call someone
and there was no output. The TX sound level from the speaker (MON was set to
about 4) was barely audible. After examining various software settings and
pushing a few buttons on the K3 the next transmission worked, so I put it
down to operator error.

Just now I set up the K3 to do some WSPR on 40m and again there was no
output. The audio tone was very weak though pushing METER and the level was
showing 4-5 bars of ALC like it should. This time I remembered the earlier
posts that suggested the problem disappeared when you changed band or mode.
The K3 was already on 40m DATA A when I switched on so all I had touched
apart from the POWER button was the VFO. So I changed mode to LSB and back
to DATA and lo and behold on the next transmission cycle a signal was
generated.

I think a bug has crept in during one of the recent updates. I'm running
3.47/2.41 at the moment.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com