I was using 4 Watts, the external bridge is a taiwan-made "AV-20", I
forgot the brand name. There is a sticker, it says "accuracy 10%".

Today I tested again using 10 Watts, the K3's and the external meters
readout match a lot closer.
With 10 W i can bring the K3s readout to 1.0:1 , with 4 W it was never
better than 1.1:1.

At 100 Watts , both meters agree in the range from 1.0:1 up to about 3:1.
That is good enough for me.

I don't care much about a perfect swr, but the components in the tuner
*do* care when the K3 drives the Alpha. It should not be too bad then.

:-)

Martin

--

--