I've never seen my rig do this.  But if the display would just change from RX
to TX freq. on key up while operating split mode, none of this would be an
issue.  At least you would know for sure you were clobering that guys signal.

> Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 13:28:06 +0000
> From: chrism0...@googlemail.com
> To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
> Subject: [Elecraft] K3 changing split?
>
> On a small number of occasions recently I've been working (what I believed
> to be) split on CW, and been embarassed to find that I've transmitted on the
> DX frequency. At first I put this down to senior moments, but now that I
> have had the same thing happen on RTTY, I am increasingly (if not totally)
> convinced that the K3 has reverted from split to unsplit of its own accord.
> Could this be a result of RF in the shack? I would appreciate advice on
> where to start troubleshooting. I am running the latest firmware on an
> unmodded K3/100 #328 with the KA3T installed. The antennas are dipoles with
> a common coax feed.
>
> 73 Chris, M0PSK

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009