I can't get my K3 to respond to the N1MM "F" keys.  The F keys  are all
programmed and when I press one, the red TX light on the K3 lights up,  the
receiver mutes, but there's no transmit signal on CW -- I haven't tried SSB
yet.  The frequency on the K3 tracks fine in N1MM.  The K3 is NOT in  test
mode, the CW icon is on, VOX is on, QSK is on.

My N1MM settings are: Com 1, K3, no checks, 4,800, N, 8, 1, DTR  Always On,
RTS Always Off.  Incidentally, N1MM suggests for a K3 that both  DTR and
RTS be on, but it didn't make any difference -- same result both  ways.  Com 3
is not checked under radio, but is checked for CW, DTR=CW,  RTS=Always Off,
Tx=1.  No other Com ports have checks of any kind.   Incidentally, while my
reading of the N1MM instructions would make you think you  need a check for
Telnet, that is not the case.  Telnet works fine without a  check.  Packet
may not but I didn't check.

My K3 PTT-KEY setting is rts - OFF.  I've tried about every  PTT--KEY
setting there is and none of them work.  I must say that the  Config menu
setting
in the K3 Owner's Manual (the latest, online) is really  inadequate in my
opinion.  Two of my computer savvy friends worked on this  problem with me
and neither has come up with a solution.

Hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel.

73, Dave