____________________________________
...Does part of the K3 spec mention that it's supposed to be a precision
swr indicator?...

73, Dunc, W5DC
____________________________________

I am shocked and dismayed that the SWR indicator in the K3 does not, after all,
rival an external, laboratory-grade instrument. This is a
tremendously disturbing disappointment for me.

In this state of dejection and disillusionment, and hoping to assuage my
sorrow, I set out to verify some of the other controls on the K3 that I had
assumed would be absolutely accurate.

To my horror, I must now report -- with extreme reluctance-- that the CW speed
control under-reports the CW speed by 2 WPM! How can this be? Wayne, I demand
an immediate explanation.

That was bad enough, but that's not all. To add seeming insult to injury, I
have now found that when my CW pitch is set to 600 Hz the actual measured pitch
is closer to 608 Hz. Instead of a D, it's more like an E-flat. Certainly, none
of us is going to stand for that.

If these two conditions are not corrected in the next release I'm going back to
my Kensucom MarkTwoDoublePlusGee.

I really thought that the K3 was a perfect rig in a perfect world, but I am
utterly crushed to find that it is a merely great one in an imperfect world.
Darn.

W6LX said that.