Hello Johnny, Pactor is mostly run via SCS modems which are the only
modems to cater for the higher speed Pactor II and III modes. There are
older modems using Pactor 1, but the main advantage is Pactor only comes
from using PII or PIII modes which are highly resistant to QRM, even
deliberate attempts at jamming are often unsuccessful against it. I
often work a station in Hamburg (around 440 miles away) who runs 5 Watts
to a mobile whip antenna on 80m and we are able to communicate fairly
easily on any evening.

For more information on emergency comms via Pactor see:
http://www.winlink.org/
And for details of SCS modems see: http://www.scs-ptc.com/

A K3 works quite well on Pactor, including PIII

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
Hello Group,

I would like to learn more about HF digital mode communication e.g.
pactor.  and the application digital mode in emergency communciation.

Could any of you direct me to the right website or information source?

73

Johnny VR2XMC