John,

That R30 voltage is changing too rapidly on 80 meters

I doubt U6 is the problem, but more data is required to say yes or no.
The voltage at pin 5 should be a steady 4 volts coming from the
thermistor board.  As long as this is steady, there is no problem with it.
The voltage at pin 6 will vary depending on the voltage coming out of U4
pin 13.  That variation will result in  a corresponding (but larger)
variation at pin 7 (which is also the left end of R30).  Since you do
get some variation at R30, I would say U6 is likely working properly.

Your problem is the VCO locking - this is a PLL loop involving the VFO
area and its feedback loop to U4 - the output of U4 then drives U6 which
in turn drives the voltage to the varactors in the VFO to alter the
frequency.  At the same time, there is data (from the EEPROM) being sent
to the PLL chip (U4) to tell it what divisor to use in syncing with the
incoming PLL Reference frequency - so any of these things could cause
incorrect operation.

First things first - set to 4.000 MHz and check to see that you do have
voltage at R30 - Adjust L30 until it is near 6 volts.  Then use the
internal counter probe and CAL FCTR to measure the frequency at TP1 (the
VFO frequency)   The frequency at TP1 should be close to 8.915 MHz.

Move the frequency down while monitoring the voltage at R30 - when the
voltage gets to 1.5 volts, note the displayed frequency and again
measure the frequency at TP1 - subtract 4.915 from the measured
frequency and compare that to the K2 displayed frequency - there should
be a close match (forget anything less than 1 kHz, it is not significant
at this time).

If there is a match, the PLL and VCO are likely working properly.  Next
step is to assume that there is bad data in the EEPROM - try doing a CAL
PLL to see if that sets things better.  If not, then write down the menu
items including the filter settings and do a Master Reset (hold the 4,
5, and 6 buttons while turning on power) - then after the Info 201 goes
away repeat the CAL PLL.

If anything in the steps above seem totally "out of whack", stop and let
me know what you are finding (it may be that we are looking in the wrong
places).

73,
Don W3FPR