> This radio is going to be very popular because it seems that a lot of the
> criticism of the K3's  apparent failings  seem to have been corrected in
> the new Yaesu FT5K design.

Until the FT-5K is actually released and a whole new set of issues become
apparent.  Based on glossy product brochures, it's all too easy to think
that the "next big thing" is going to be the ideal transceiver -- and it's
probably premature to think that VS  has corrected any shortcomings of the
K3 until the FT-5K's performance is actually measured and its features used
by many operators.

Myself, I'll be impressed if VS can simply deliver an audio stage with
reasonably low distortion and low residual noise.  Let's start there.

Paul, W9AC