Maybe you have the second receiver and want to tune with VFO B, however, if you
don't have one then here's what I do rather than messing with VFO B and splits.
 (I've tried the Split macro, but it's always wrong.  If I program it for 1 KHz
the DX will say UP 3. It never fails)

Tune in the DX with VFO A.  Lock the frequency then if the DX says, "Up one",
turn on XIT and dial in +1.0.  If you want a faster tuning rate toggle the
Fine/Coarse.  If you want to hear what's going on on your transmit frequency,
tap RIT.  If the frequency is cluttered and you want to move a little, tune
with the RIT/XIT knob, then press RIT again to turn it off and you're listening
to the DX frequency again but transmitting on your newly found clear spot
(Hi).  If this fails, QRO.