"The K3 controls the THP amp okay using a cable from ArraySolutions:
K3-ACCconnector-to-THP.  I want to add an MFJ autotuner because of reflected
power from the 160- and 80M antennas, and an antenna switch for convenience.
Will a KRC2 with V1.4 firmware be helpful?  What would the cabling need to
be?  Tia & 73,  Dave Windisch, W8FGX"

Dave - I use my K3 with a MFJ-998, an ALS-600 and an Ameritron RCS-12
switch - kind of a similar setup to what you are looking at.  You'll need a
SVGA splitter cable so you can simultaneously feed the THP amp and the KRC2.
Make sure you get a cable with all 15 pins connectied through (Array
Solutions sells one).  The KRC2 will drive remote switches like the Array
Solutions SixPak or the Ameritron RCS-8 or RCS-10 (I'm only familiar with
these switches).  The MFJ-998 autotuner has an amp disable feature whereby
you feed the amp-key output of the K3 through the MFJ-998 and on to the
amplifier, and so the MFJ-998 will take your amp off-line before it starts
tuning or if you exceed a pre-set SWR threshold,.  So you'll need a RCA
cable from the K3 amp-key out to the MFJ-998, and another RCA cable from the
MFJ-998 to the amp-key input on the THP amp.  The MFJ-998 also puts out a
ground when it gets ready to tune, which can be used with some transceivers
to put them into a low power CW tune mode automatically (the K3 doesn't have
this capability yet - but I THINK it is coming eventually).  I have a review
of the MFJ-998 on my website (www.ad5x.com).

Phil - AD5X