Hi. to the group.
Thanks to the several people that sent me hints about my problems. I put
several of the letters together and came up with a solution that works
well for me.
 I bought the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI-GP SB1100 and it is now
working just like I was used to before the Windows7 upgrade. I was able
to make it work by plugging it directly into the lap top but I was short
of USB ports so I plugged it into the USB hub and had to find my unused
USB hub power supply to have enough power to make it work there. I have
the keyboard, mouse, K3 and the Sound Blaster all connected to the hub.
I also had to replace the KUSB with another USB to serial coverter as
the KUSB still worked on one Windows 7 computer but not on this main
one. It would key the rig instead of polling the rig about once a
second. I reloaded the operating system and it lasted about 2 hours and
started giving me the same trouble again. So far the new USB to serial
card is not giving me any trouble.

Thanks for you help.
73
Ken w0cz