From: Joe Subich, W4TV <li...@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 in the CQWW contest
To: "'DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL'" <doug...@gmail.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 11:14 PM

Received an e-mail from an EU MM group who tried the K3
for the first time this weekend along side the typical
mix of FT-1000MP, MK V, 2000 radios (many with Inrad
roofing filters and W8JI NB mods).  Operators were mixed
when it came to receiving a single signal on a quiet band
- those who preferred other radios felt the K3 was too
"noisy."  However, when it came t dealing with QRM and a
busy band, the K3 was the unanimous choice.

I'm sure that once they get used to the K3 and learn to
set-up the AGC characteristics (slope/threshold) for their
own taste and conditions. the former "world class" radios
will be a thing of the past.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV