On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:23:22 +0000, Lance Collister wrote:

>You DEFINITELY need to use a high gain low noise external preamp
>if you are interested in any weak signal work on 6m.

Because this is a general interest topic, I'm responding to the
reflector. YES, unless you live in a really noisy QTH, you
definitely need an external preamp on 6M. Since I'm an OT on that
band, I already owned an ARR GaSFET preamp, and simply plugged it
into the RXOUT/RXIN patch point. It works quite well, and I'm sure
that the preamp that Elecraft sells does too.

73,

Jim K9YC