Back In my youth I lived in this little grandmother cottage (converted garage)
behind a house in San Jose.  One day, after I had been on 75 meters the
previous night with my HW-101 and SB-220 (the cottage didn't have a 230V line
but did have both sides so I made a 230V "extension cord"), the neighbor in the
front house came back to talk to me.  His wife had heard a loud "WOH-WOH-WOH"
coming from the TV set (not turned on) the previous night around midnight while
he was working the graveyard shift.  She was scared out of her mind that the TV
was poseessed by Satan.  She bundled up their 6-month old son and drove
immediately to her mother's house in Sacramento.

This was when those cheap, non Western Electric phones had just flooded the
market.  While she was out of the house a few days later, we tracked down the
source to that cheap phone rectifying the RF and broadcasting harmonics all
over the place.  I think I gave them a new phone.  Problem solved.

73, Eric WD6DBM