Grant Youngman wrote:

> Elecraft has made available a new composition knob that will apparently
> cause the set screws to pulverize before the plastic cracks.  Just contact
> support.

The question in my mind is whether only those who had knobs from the bad
batch will have this problem or whether everyone who don't have the latest
super-tough versions will have a failure sooner or later. When someone has a
knob disintegrate and then the replacement they are sent also disintegrates
you start to wonder if the problem isn't more widespread. I don't have any
broken knobs yet so I can't ask for replacements but I no longer have
confidence that the knobs I have will last the life of the radio.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html