It works very well. I don't use my K3 exclusively on VHF, as I do come on for
the UK 80m elecraft net. The actual RF frequency is the one displayed in all
cases. I have found the K3 to work exceptionally well on 50, 70 and 144 MHz,
the latter bands via XV70 and XV144 transverters. It is a little insensitive
on 6m without a preamp.

The K3 receiver is better than most HF/VHF radios with the possible
exception of the IC275, probably the best 144MHz rig ever made.

You need to get the gain distribution right, remember >90dB difference in
signal strength between the QRM and what you want to hear is quite normal on
VHF. Too much transverter gain is bad, I have a 15dB pad in IF line as the
XV144 and the masthead preamp have too much combined gain.

Mike