I received my new K3 a few days before the ARRL 160 Meter Contest. (Thanks
to wife Phyllis, K1WSN for early Christmas/Birthday presents for the next 5+
years). I used it a few days earlier in the ARCI 160M QRP Sprint and in the
ARRL 160M test, both in the diversity mode with a NE/SW Beverage on the sub
receiver. It worked great. In the ARRL 160M contest, running low power I
managed to make 1047 QSOs in 74 sections and 21 countries. It was great
being able to copy weak signals as the faded up and down in level from one
ear to the other.

However, I kept having one minor annoyance. With the K3 in the diversity
mode the VFO's are locked so they track the exact same frequency. More than
a few times during the contest,  when I used the RIT, I would accidentily
bump the VFO-B knob. To get VFO-B back to the same frequency required
tapping the A>B button. Is there any reason why the VFO-B knob could be not
be deactivated when the K3 is in the diversity mode? I can think of no
reason why I'd want to tune VFO-B while in this mode. Deactivating VFO-B
would prevent it accidentily unlocking the two VFOs.

73 de Rich - K1HTV