I got started in radio when my dad brought home a WWII era BC342N (I still have
it) when I was about 13 or 14 years of age.

I started listening to Willis Conover on the Voice of America Jazz Hour. I've
heard it said that Conover was recognized by more people on the planet than the
U.S. President.

When the other kids in high school were buying Elvis records, I was buying
Brubeck.  I still have those too.

Wes  N7WS