Lee -

    LP Bridge is spectacular. It allows multiple software programs to interact
simultaneously with the K3. It is stable, has an excellent manual, an active
reflector (Yahoo Groups LP Pan), and excellent and immediate phone support from
its author Larry Phipps. I have used LP Bridge with N1MM for several RTTY
contests. It never faltered. It is totally transparent.
    In addition to allowing multiple software programs - maybe N1MM and
Skimmer- to run simultaneously and bidirectionally contol the K3, it opens the
possibility of a panadapter simultaneously running PowerSDR-IF from the K3 IF.
PowerSDR's visual display provides lots of possibilities - see all the activity
on the band at once, point and click tuning on dual VFOs if you want them,
visibly adjust filters, band stacking registers, and more. LP Bridge is free.
The panadapter can be implemented with Larry Phipps LP Pan, $220 built or $175
kit last I looked, or with a Softrock LiteII for K3 for less than $20. I use
the Softrock.
     I have no commercial interest in LP Bridge or LP Pan. Stuff this good
deserves recognition.

            K4KGG,    Larry