Hi Ralph:

If you see the decimal point blinking you ARE in diversity. Both the main
and sub RX are controlled by VFO A. The lower display is not associated with
diversity. The lower display and the VFO B knob would be used for split
operation and can be linked or unlinked to VFO A.

If you turn diversity off then VFO B would be your sub RX receive frequency
as well as your split frequency. Sometimes it is a little tricky to turn
diversity off. Always look to see if the decimal is blinking. That's the
only way to know for sure if diversity is on or off.

73,
Mike K2MK

Ralph Parker
Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:27:30 -0800

>1. Turn SUB off (so the SUB icon does not show on the display).
>2. hold SUB continuously for 4 seconds and note whether DVRSTY appears...

Tnx Bill, got it. Works for me now.
I see that I have to approach this from the UNLINK mode -
if I start from LINK mode, I don't get the DIVERSITY message.
So both VFOs are tracking (with 'A' knob, decimal blinking),
even though the 'B' frequency indication doesn't change.

I have yet to try SPLIT mode with this.
Gotta wait for 160 to show some life tonight (AUX ant only works on 160).

VE7XF