Larry, VE3LR wrote:

> As we age the brain (or at least mine) gets confused so easy......the love
> of my life (my K3) works flawlessly in CAT with HRD using Elecraft's
> serial/USB cable. CW Skimmer also works flawlessly (using 3KHZ mode) but I
> cannot get the CAT side of CW Skimmer to cooperate.

No, it's just a plot by computers to make us think we're getting senile. CW
Skimmer should work using the same settings (COM port and baud rate) you use
for HRD (but not at the same time as HRD is running, unless you're using
LP-Bridge or a serial port splitter.) I was going to tell you the settings I
used but the trial has expired and I'm darned if I'll pay $75 for a program
I only use to test its integration with KComm.

If you're sure the settings are the same as HRD's then it could be that you
have a USB to serial adapter that works with some programs and not others -
it's quite a common problem. If you search back through the archives you'll
find many recommendations for ones that work - my vote is for anything with
an FTDI chipset.

Actually, using LP-Bridge might help, as then it will be LP-Bridge talking
to the K3 and Skimmer will be talking to 'Bridge, and I haven't seen too
many reports of LP-Bridge having trouble with USB adapters.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html