Many thanks to all who replied to my query about the vent holes in the
top cover of the XV144. There weren't any on mine, so I drilled some
over the Metox resistors in the RF power attenuator (R20, R21, R26,
R27).

With particular thanks to Johnny VR2XMC, I have now completed my mods to
the XV144 by adding a fan, similar to that used in the XV432 and
drilling vent holes in the base plate.

Although I am only driving the XV144 with 1mW from either the K2 or K3,
heating of the resistors was not a problem, but hot air is now coming
out of the top vent holes when I am transmitting.

Hopefully, the mods will enable the XV144 PA module to run cooler and it
will not shut down after I have been transmitting for more than a few
minutes.

73
--
David G4DMP