HB9ANM wrote:
> what puzzles me is why this topic now suddenly pops up more
> two years after the first K3s appeared in the ham community? There must be
> some good reason why nobody raised the subject before... Until someone
> sparked a tsunami of comments!

Possibly because the problem might exist in only a small percentage of
K3s. For example, my main RX is quiet, but my sub-RX is noisy. Two K3
receivers in the same box with the same settings and firmware, different
audio performance. Maybe the main receivers in the K3s whose owners
complain about noise have the same problem as my sub-RX, whatever that
problem may happen to be.

73,
Rich VE3KI