From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jan Erik Holm
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:12 AM
Cc: Elecraft List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Noisy K3 receiver

Well something isn´t right or different from other radios.
There are radios with lower MDS that sounds much quieter then
the K3.
Here we have proposals to turn of preamp and make MDS even
higher. Not logical and state of the art to me.

So again, I know there are receivers with lower MDS then the
K3 that sounds much more quiet.
IMO something is going on but I can´t put my fingers on it
and I don´t have the time to investigate. And believe you
me with the experience I do have in the performance of a
multitude of different radios going back in to the 60´ties
I know what I´m talking about.

It´s been most interesting to read some of the comments,
maybe something can come out of it and things can be fixed.

merry xmas Jim SM2EKM