Sigh....

Well, I must apologize, and take the flak for letting that neat piece
of information get past me. I still have to go find where that is laid
out and see what else I'm missing.  I *did* go looking around for
something that told me what the defaults were before I wrote the post,
but whatever it took to find it I didn't have at the moment.

The help sentence would be:

"3. Set AGC parms to default values in CONFIG: AGC xxxx. Tap DISP in
each AGC xxxx to display <nnn> default."

The human factors guys at work would have said that a stand-alone
instruction should not require anything other than the instruction
itself to be successful.

73, Guy.