On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:20:32 -0800 (PST), w4grj wrote:

>I am hooking up my new K3 to a ALS600 and would appreciate comments from
>anyone with this combo concerning connecting without ALC control and any
>relay delay settings in the K3

In general, ALC should NEVER be used to set drive level -- doing so will
generally cause MASSIVE splatter and clicks. I have no experience with the
ALS600, but I've used my K2/100, K3/100, TS850, and Omni V to drive Ten Tec
Titans (tubes), Herc I (solid state), and Herc II (solid state) power amps.

1) There IS a delay built into the K3's circuitry that keys the power amp.
The delay is adjustable, and the defalut settings work very well with most
amps. You can easily change the delay with a menu setting.

2) To set the power level, simply start with low output from the K3 (I'd
start with 10-20 watts) and bring up the output power of the K3 (using the
Power knob) until you hit the recommended power output of the amp. My Ten
Tec amps all produce full power with less than 50 watts drive.

73,

Jim K9YC