Do you have MENU:MIC SEL set to FP.H? BIAS on? Mic gain on my setup is 25.

I put an ohmeter on the adapter, and pin 1 is the hot lead, pin 7 is
ground. Are you sure you're looking at the pins correctly?
Looking into the connector on the front of the K3, pin 1 is on the left
of the key "bump" and pin 7 is on the right. The pins are numbered
anti-clockwise from 1 to 7, with 8 being in the middle. I don't think
the Heil adapter has anything inside the shell, no extra components.

73, Mike