headphones - you may not notice to the extent that I did. But if you are - a
DSP board upgrade would be a deal at twice the cost... IMO YMMV, etc.

[Elecraft] K3: LPF, bass audio, new DSP board: Stirring the pot?

James Sarte k2qi.nyc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:30:47 EST 2009
pot?
Jim,

This is the problem I've experienced, and why I think my receiver is
"noisy."  I can hear a high frequency whine or tone that only gets worse if
I adjust the receive EQ to enhance voice intelligibility.  This can
make working weak signals fatiguing.  I should probably just cough up the
money and swap out DSP boards for a new one with an LPF installed.  However,
I'm not too thrilled about the unannounced price increase from 69 to 89
dollars.  Had I known, I would have ordered one earlier.

73 de James K2QI