Have a look at the mod.  Other than trying to make Elecraft justify each
additional nickel, it's really whether you want to upgrade the DSP board or
not.

You do the stuff yourself, you're responsible for what happens, or doesn't.
Especially if you use a non-Elecraft mod. Replace/mod the board by the rules
and you're still in the stream for future changes.  You're in the middle of
a work-in-progress by a responsive and sharp company.  Any of you out there
think you're superior to what Elecraft is doing?  And privy to the legally
private intellectual property that is driving it (and they'd be crazy to
publish)?  I'm sure a very few of you are.  But if not, you going to take
that on in a 4K$ radio over a cost differential less than the price of a
restaurant meal?  Sounds like dropping the pound to save the shilling to me.

I'm going to order the board.  Have other things to spend time on.  Looking
at the picture of the LPF replacement board convinced me. There's more than
meets the eye. The little work I have done on my K3 were to restore it to
spec (repair) or upgrade it to a new spec, not redesign it.

When a problem has been hashed out on the reflector/lists, and Elecraft has
taken it on, I want the Elecraft solution. I've not seen anything done on
Elecraft equipment akin to W8JI's famous Drake or Yaesu mods.  Unlikely on
Elecraft, because Wayne & co. would have picked it up early on,
re-engineered it to a commercially feasible way to permanently incorporate
it.

73, Guy.