Doug,

Personal opinion --
While that seems to be a good suggestion, I don't think it is likely to
happen.  The DSP board has a lot of closely spaced 0603 SMD components.
I can just imagine the flurry of support questions that would result
from such a kit.  Note that all other K3 mods offered by Elecraft have
both leaded components and SMD parts and the SMD parts to be changed are
not in densely packed areas of a board.  The DSP board appears to be
quite different in that respect - I do not believe there are a lot of K3
owners who have proper SMD rework stations at their workbench, and I
certainly would not try making such changes with normal tools for
working with leaded components.

73,
Don W3FPR