Bird Trulines were designed a long time ago. Yes they are good but not that
good. Certainly not a calibration standard. With a pure signal they give
good results within their specification.

With this type of meter it is very important to make sure there are no
harmonics in the signal as the element can give large errors if there are.
Even harmonics that are many dB below the fundemental can have a significant
effect on the readings. This feature is probably behind some of the inflated
VHF amplifier power output claims in the past. In extreme cases it is
possible to exceed 100% amplifier efficiency according to the meter.

Mike