Wayne  wrote:   The K3 also has:

>- a 2nd receiver option with identical performance to the main, which
>allows you to listen to two bands at once, or do diversity receive
>(the 7600 has "dual-watch", but this cannot provide diversity receive
>because both receivers always share one antenna)

"dual watch" while better than one receiver is never to be confused
with two receivers.  You cannot split the audio outputs of the "dual
watch" since there ARE NOT two FULL receivers. So if you want to
split the audio , as in DX in one ear , the Dx's listening frequency
in the other ear you will need two receivers...
in ICOM that is the ICOM 7800.

And I understand that the 7800 is not as good for diversity
reception... as the K3.

bill