Tnx Dick,

Then I guess it is the K3 MCU firmware code that is "ramping up the power"
because I see it doing it on the K3 front panel display as the Calibrate
routine is running.  It approaches 5 Watts from below, takes a fraction of a
second to get there.  Until it gets there, the SWR reading on the K3 screen is
1.1.  When it does get there (e.g., to 5 Watts), the SWR reading changes to
1.0.  Then the K3 stays in transmit for about a second or two before moving on
to the next frequency.  At 50 Watts, the ramp-up time (if any) is so quick that
it doesn't have time to show up on the K3 front panel display.

I guess I was thinking that the K3 Utility was doing more than it was doing.
Thanks for the description.

It must be a gas to write this stuff and have it work so well.  Wish the code
were public so we could admire it.

73,
Oliver Johns
W6ODJ