I installed the K144XV module last night.  The installation went smoothly with
no problems. I also had to install the KXV3A, so it took a bit longer than
installing the K144XV alone. I have one of the early K3's (serial #49), so I
had to replace the left side panel and the fan panel and had to solder the
1-pin power connector to the RF board. As someone else mentioned, soldering the
power connector was the most time consuming task, but it was easy to do - not
much to it really. I took my time and was watching a movie at the same time
(not recommended :). It took about 2 hours to install both modules. Everything
appears to be working fine. It's cool to see the 2M band show up when flipping
through the bands. I have the 13KHz FM filter and was able to bring up several
of the local 2M repeaters. I'll do more testing this evening.

David, W4SMT