Yet another way to handle the large number of postings to this reflector...

I follow a lot of different e-mail reflectors, most of them are software
oriented where the new messages per day is in the low hundreds.

I handle this by redirecting the e-mails to folders for each of the groups that
I follow.  Thus, my regular e-mail inbox is not polluted by excessive e-mail
messages.

This makes it easy to scan through the messages at the end of the day or
periodically through the day and pick out the ones I like.  But, the real
advantage to this is that after a while, you start to build up a significant
library of good technical information local on your computer.  In my case, my
search techniques on this local computer far exceed the methods available via
on-line mailing list archives.

I am typically hit by 250 to 350 e-mail messages a day because of the groups I
follow and I do not find this to be a problem what-so-ever.  Oh, of course I
have fairly highspeed download (~20 Mbps) but even with lower download speeds,
performance is usually not a problem.

73, phil, K7PEH