Guy, K2AV wrote:

> I was going to say, all of that being complained about, can be set any
> way you want.  Try the SHIFT control on the front panel. Set the
> crossover *anywhere you want it*.  The SHIFT setting is remembered by
> mode.
>
> Being able to hear down there was specifically requested by some who
> do not share your tastes. In the past the firmware would NOT ALLOW
> that degree of downward shift.  Now both of you can now set it like
> you want it.

I thought the original point was that this occurred in the normal position
of the SHIFT control. When I got an S6 meter reading at zero beat LO CUT was
showing 0.15 and SHIFT was centered on 1.50 which I believe is what they
were originally. I also thought the issue was about the amount of unwanted
sideband response, not specifically about hearing low frequencies.

As you say, one can simply shift the passband or make it narrower if you
want to. I was just a little surprised to discover that in the normal
position - which presumably is the same filter setting used for transmit -
the response is only about 15dB down at the zero beat frequency. But perhaps
it really isn't that unusual and the OP is mistaken.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html