If you are really interested in 40M only, why on earth don't you simplify your
life and get rid of the tuners, the ladderline and the BL2.  Run coax from the
antenna spigot on the radio to the antenna.  Coil up a few turns of it at the
feed point if you insist on a balun (I don't necessarily), trim the length of
the wire for minimum SWR at your frequency of interest and get on and operate.

Wes  N7WS