Good morning, Folks.

I just want to share an experience I've just had with my K3-100 Kit: which by
the way worked from day one right "out of the box".  [That's a miracle in
itself since I assembled it!  But of course that's what Team Elecraft planned
all along!]

Don't run for the hills.  It was fantastic experience!

I should point out that I'm definitely not a tech-type but rather just an [AO]
appliance operator for the past 34 years.  I'm also definitely not apologizing
but just explaining that I'm proud to be a part of this fraternity in any
capacity.
Yesterday late, our neighborhood experienced a power "hiccup".  I soon
thereafter turned my K3 off for the day and went QRP with my K1 and
Sierra Radio [also sorta kinda an Elecraft radio, right?].  I have a fourth HF
rig and it's a FB Ten Tec Corsair II that I've had about 25 years.  The Corsair
II setup and has recently been serviced by the factory for a complete
renovation/rejuvenation!  So, my station is an 100% FB ALL AMERICAN station I'm
proud to say!

This morning I came in and turned on my pride-and-joy K3.  It sounded "funny"
[not the humorous kind of funny] and acted weird [and I do mean weird weird!].
My first thought was, "Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to send it in for
repair".  It's still under warranty but still I didn't want to go that route
except as a last resort.

After my heart-wrenching fear subsided, I remembered maybe if I used a feature
in the Elecraft Utility that "Restores" your configuration all would be well.
Luckily I save my configuration from time to time.

So I ran "RESTORE".  Voila [or whatever], all is well again here.  I never
really understood why you would want or need to save your configuration but now
I know.

Thanks for the foresight of Team Elecraft.

Every day I'm amazed at the capabilities of my K3.  For 10 months now it has
been my pride and joy.  I've owned 8-10 rigs [American and Rice Burners] over
the years but never one that has been so much fun to operate and given so much
pride in ownership.

I work a lot of 20m CW DX [I don't necessarilly chase DX] and it's fun to tell
the other station the rig I'm running at 90 watts.  More and more though, they
come back and tell me they're also using one of the Elecraft rigs and some
might have several other Elecraft rigs in their shack.  [They sure sound
GREAT!  I hope mine sounds just 1/2 as good.]

I'm also very appreciative to Team Elecraft as I know with each and every
update of Firmware, I will have a "new" radio AGAIN and not an outdated one..
To this retiree, that makes my K3 economically justifiable.

Team Elecraft, I'm 210% satisfied with S/N 2802!

Best 72 & 73.

WA4NTM
K1 S/N 2580
SIERRA no S/N